As distributors of lamps, we recognise that our business activities and products can have an impact on the environment. Our company policy is to be as environmentally conscious as possible in all areas of our company life:
- We endeavour to recommend to our customers the most energy efficient lamps and bulbs for each application. We have an extensive selection of energy efficient lamps in stock.
- We have accreditation with the Energy Saving Trust, which means we are approved suppliers of energy saving products that the organisation recommends to consumers.
- We are members of the Lighting Association, the European organisation working as the voice of lamp manufacturers, distributors and retailers. In partnership with LA, we are offering consumers the opportunity to purchase subsidised energy saving lamps.
- When sending out lamps for delivery, we use recycled or environmentally - friendly packaging for goods as far as possible, ensuring that goods arrive undamaged.
- We operate environmentally conscious policies on site, with our suppliers and within our organisation.
- Materials used to manufacture light bulbs are 100% recyclable.
- Customers who wish to view our full Environmental Policy should contact us directly.
- We provide a recognised Designated Collection Facility in compliance with the WEEE Directive.
The WEEE Directive
The WEEE Directive has been introduced to the UK in July 2007. This European-wide legislation is concerned with the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. Specifically, in the lighting industry, it affects the disposal of lamps containing mercury and sodium, as well as lamps using fluorescent technology, such as tubes and energy savers, known as CFls. These lamps are considered "hazardous waste" since July 1, 2007. The lamps need to be recycled at an "approved" Designated Collection Facility (DCF) site. Customers will be pleased to know that the Lamp Company is recognised as a DCF site. To make the necessary arrangements for the recycling of these products, please contact us at WEEErecycling@lampco.co.uk
An industry-wide recycling levy is now applied at point of purchase to these products at a rate 3p for all RETROFIT LED’s and based CFL’s with integral control gear and 10p net for all other discharge lamps. The Lamp Company is fully compliant with the new legislation. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes to the WEEE Directive during the forthcoming period and how it can impact your lamps, life and business.